Buy Twitter Followers? That’s A Horrible Idea!
I’m here to tell you that it’s a horrible idea to buy Twitter followers. It just doesn’t work.
Selling Twitter followers is actually big business these days. You have companies advertising:
- Buy 1000 Twitter followers for only $14
- High quality Twitter followers. No Password Required!
- Buy targeted Twitter followers & increase web traffic in 1-2 days
Why is it a bad idea to buy Twitter followers?
1. You’re not accomplishing anything. You may get all warm and fuzzy at the thought of having 50,000 followers. But ask yourself “will these new followers buy my product or spread my message?” No, of course not…because they’re not real!
Bots create thousands of new Twitter accounts (your new followers) that don’t tweet, retweet, or make purchases. They just follow you to boost your ego. Your money would be better spent buying targeted tweets directly from Twitter. Consult your social media marketing plan to remind yourself of your goals and understand that buying followers will not help you achieve them.
The Takeaway: Spend your time and money on engaging real people, using real Twitter accounts, who are prepared to spend real money.
The fact that you buy Twitter followers will be obvious and you will lose credibility.
The Takeaway: Dramatically growing your Twitter following overnight will send up red flags. Having a disproportionate follower to following ratio will make it obvious that you buy Twitter followers. Your real followers will begin to question the legitimacy of your account.
Do you think businesses that buy Twitter followers lose credibility?
3. You probably need a lesson in Twitter 101. If you want to buy Twitter followers, you should revisit the Twitter basics. Social media is all about interaction and engagement. You can’t interact with or engage bots! Follow relevant accounts, talk to them, and they will talk back. The goal is to get them to follow you and spread your message. As your messages are spread to wider audiences, your Twitter following will grow – naturally.
The Takeaway: There’s no need to buy Twitter followers when you interact with and engage real people. Real people will follow you because they believe you provide some sort of value.
Please do not buy Twitter followers! It’s better to have 500 targeted followers than 50,000 fake ones. If you are not getting the results you want from Twitter, it may be time to re-evaluate your social media strategy. Make sure you have set SMART goals and implement daily marketing activities that reflect them.
Contact me if you would like more information on creating great content to grow your Twitter base and increase web traffic.
What are you thoughts on buying followers? Would you ever buy Twitter followers?